CHRYSALIS: Mental Health & Trauma Specialists, LLC
About the Founder
About the Founder
Dr. Earl Grey (Researcher & Educator) - has been internationally recognized for his research of human stress and of EMDR. Most recently Dr. Grey was recognized by Pittsburgh Magazine and PUMP as one of the Pittsburgh Region's "40 under 40" making a difference in the are.
He holds a PhD from Capella University in Human Services with a specialization in Counseling. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, board Certified Psychotherapist, Nationally Certified Counselor, Approved Clinical Supervisor, Internationally Certified Co-occurring Disorder Professional Diplomat, a Certified EMDR therapist, an Approved Consultant for EMDR through
EMDRIA, and an EMDR Facilitator. He employs EMDR as his primary form of therapy and is dedicated to maintaining EMDR treatment fidelity according to the 8-phase protocol.
With more than 15 years experience in the human services and education fields, Dr. Grey trains therapist in using multi-sensory interventions with wellness healing tenets to aid clients reach their functioning potential. He has advanced training in assisting traumatized individuals and individuals dually-diagnosed.
In addition to EMDR, Dr. Grey utilizes and trains clinicians to use Impact Therapy, Play Therapy, Art Therapy, Dance Therapy, CBT, Transactional Analysis, Adlerian Therapy, Gestalt, Native American Wellness, and Career Coaching. Dr. Grey has developed and trademarked Reprocessing & Re-consolidation Theory, which provides a neuroscientific explanation for adaptive and maladaptive personality development. Dr. Grey has presented and researched EMDR, theory-driven practice, evidence-based practice, developmental assessments, and the inclusion of multi-sensory interventions for regional, national, and international audiences.
- (BOOK)Unify Your Mind: Connecting the Feelers, Thinkers, & Doers of your Brain Sept., 2010 -PURCHASE
- (ARTICLE)Use Your Brain:A Neurologically Driven Application of REBT With Children. in the Journal of Creativity in Mental Health, Vol 5, Issue 1, 2010
- Featured in the EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program Newsletter. Sept. 2010
- 40 Under 40: Pittsburgh Magazine and the Pittsburgh Urban Management Project. Fall 2010
- Dr. Earl Grey was recognized by the International Association of EMDR for his research on human stress and EMDR. August 2009
Email: [email protected]
See Dr. Earl Grey speak about EMDR and the Brain
Dr. Grey's work is focused on helping his current clients and training other clinicians to develop their therapeutic skills.
Dr. Grey is not accepting new clients.